Money in the Game

For discussions of all things game related.

Moderator: Builders

How much do you make in a day of Mudding?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:29 pm

100 coins
14%
500 coins
14%
1000 coins
No votes
1500 coins
No votes
2000 coins
57%
10000 coins
14%

Total votes: 7

Aruon

Re: Money in the Game

Post by Aruon »

I tend to bring in between 2 and 5k before I get bored of mining and the like. Mobs load well too, actually.

That's mostly solo work though. Imagine what Sylibus and the like could bring in if they wanted. Not to mention people getting paychecks for clan status/nobility.
Grimrak
Ghar'ghael

Post by Grimrak »

Coins for softskins!
Grimrak wants.
Grimrak takes!
Telriadh

Post by Telriadh »

Coins are quite abundant for aiel, I have hundreds of thousands of coins in the bank that just sits there because aiel have very little use for it.
Arleve
Green Ajah

Post by Arleve »

There's unfortunately not much use for it anywhere. I have a lot of money and never really need to use it for anything. Now of course an older Aes Sedai probably should be comfortable. But even apart from that, there's just not much to do with cash.

Belgar, I don't even remember who was handling Houses and such at this point. I thought Talion but I could be wrong. Anyway, you can donate to the crown to almost buy a rank. That said, it hasn't worked in ages and ages. I know nobility matters almost not at all and I likely wouldn't waste the coin but still, it would be cool if all the options worked. No push or anything but you clearly understand coding so if at one point you got a few mins, it would be cool if you looked at it. I also don't know if perhaps the Ambassador goes a little crazy cuz I am AS or not.

Anyway, I don't know how much I could collect in one day. But I do know that no matter how much I could get, there's not much that I could do with it.
Llaia
Defender of the Stone

Post by Llaia »

I am obviously a noob but money is very important to me right now! I'm scraping up enough to upgrade my armor at each stage as the shops won't buy enough of it back to pay for the new set.

Nobility might not have any actual affect on gameplay and I don't know if nobility is a completely separate thing from becoming a high ranking member of a House, but I would really really love to have my claims of being a close relative to a High Lord of Tear as well as the chance to become one myself someday backed up by coding in some way. Way back when I first started playing here (yes I said I'm a noob and it's true I have played very little and know very little)I tried desperately to find out how to move up in my House (of which I am the only member of)and no one could really tell me except for the "fame" thing and the possibility of some long lost method that no one could remember....so my point being that if there is a way such as paying tribute to some kind of high ranking mob or something to help me out I'd love to know! And be able to make more money to do so :P

Edit: And yes I know we get a cp once every few hours now that I can devote to whichever clan I choose, it's just agonizingly slow, but very much appreciated. Sorry to semi-derail :oops:
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

In response to a couple of things in the above posts:

Tular was handling Houses and Nobility prior to everything. There was a few in Cairhien that got some attention and supporting triggers, and one in Altara.
The ambassador script was his creation I believe - it's not coded at all. Just an in-game trigger.

Nobility is the same as Houses.

The long lost method would most likely be the one Arleve mentioned.

For the time being, Niila and I decided to pull any support at all from nobility. It was broken, there was no records from former imms of how it was supposed to work. Neither of us had time to devote to it as it deserved for an overhaul from scratch.

That being said, Belgar has some extensive ideas for revamping the system - as usual, these fall under the heading of 'priority jobs first' so don't look for their arrival anytime soon - he's already snowed under with fixing other clan-related things.

This post brought to you by the Ganelon full-disclosure committee.
"How the fades must gnash their teeth......."

Demandred of the Forsaken.
Sahrine

Post by Sahrine »

I'm late but... I have a hard time making a desirable money through conventional means.

obvious things that would help:

a. more items having value
b. stores that will buy those items.
c. bags of gold that load on smobs.
Shawnyve
Site Admin

Post by Shawnyve »

There are several ways to make money not mentioned here.

Skinning animals (survival) and selling them to shopkeepers and fur traders stationed around the world. {issue shops running out of money}

Mining is available in several areas around the mud, notably mines/dark caves and such. You need a pick. Again selling to jewelers around the mud {issue again is shops running out of money}

There used to be jobs at the couriers, but there was a problem with ferries that limited its usefulness for awhile, but i'll look into making them work again.