Same Side RP Channels

A place to discuss ideas for improving the MUD.

Moderator: Builders

Moriia

Same Side RP Channels

Post by Moriia »

Same side RP channels.

ATM we have Gossip, the OOC channel. Is there a way to have each side gain their own RP channel?

I like gossip cause it tends to get lonely sometimes, having the opportunity to chit chat with others is always nice, but in some instances same sided RP should stay that way.

As someone mentioned Aiel are information gathers, could make it that certain Aiel could 'tune' into wetlanter, DS, maybe and relay what they hear to other Aiel. So there would always be this chance that someone was listening in.

It's late, and need to sleep, not sure if i presented a sound case, but just thought I'd toss that out there as something that I think could benefit the mud.
Wise One Moriia of the Iron Mountains Taardad Aiel
Krinata Almandar

Re: Same Side RP Channels

Post by Krinata Almandar »

This has a lot of potential.
Personally I think the gossip channel should be set so that everyone can hear everyone else as it's mostly OOC.
Race specific RP channels that no one else can hear are a good idea, and if we had scout or spy skills available to certain clans these people would have the option of listening to other rp channels.
So for the Aiel, the maidens could hear. Wetlanders either Gleemen or Military scouts. Darkside perhaps greymen when implemented.

Just my two coppers.
Krinata Almandar, Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah
Cheiron

Re: Same Side RP Channels

Post by Cheiron »

There are also clan channels and overclan channels.

Csay 301 would do a clan gossip in 301 (The White Tower). Ocsay 301 would do the overclan for 301 which is 300 and includes everyone from Novices/Acc/AS to Warders, Shining Guards, Ajahs, etc. Everyone who is a member of the Tower would see it. Obviously it's not race wide though.