Thoughts on Homelands

For discussions of all things game related.

Moderator: Builders

Krinata Almandar

Thoughts on Homelands

Post by Krinata Almandar »

As I'm developing Krinata's background I've spent some time thinking about her homeland.
In investigating the features set up both ingame and on these boards I'm finding it odd that so many players have chosen to be Domani, yet virtually none have advanced in the Domani clan or any of the Arad Doman houses. Gheldan, Mayene and several other forums lack posts just as Arad Doman forums do.

There is so much potential in this aspect of the game that I see as untapped. I also feel that it is up to us the players to make it happen.. so a few ideas..
Krinata is a Novice in the tower, but still close to her family, she isn't currently in Ebou Ban but wants word from home. Soon she'll be writing a letter home (OOC'ly I see the Arad Doman - House Almadar forums as the best place to send it from)

So if you haven't all ready, think about your homeland, what brought you from there to where you are. What communication do you maintain with friends and family from home? What holidays and festivals do you observe? What unique customs does your homeland have. Then if you haven't all ready request access to your homeland's forum and join me in making them active.
I've found the Tar Valon Library online and am finding it a good place to do the necessary research to flesh out Krinata's background. It's a bit faster than re-reading the WOT books (Doing it anyways since the final book is being released Tuesday)

In game I've put some serious thought into where I want her to stop advancing within the Domani and Almadar clans. It would not make sense for her to go beyond these points if she is one of the few who will eventually become Aes Sedai. So my question is if you are currently far from home. What brought you from home to where you are?
Arleve
Green Ajah

Re: Thoughts on Homelands

Post by Arleve »

Well, Arleve was born in Arad Doman and was raised Domani but her father was head of a Minor Noble House in Kandor and that's the homeland she chose to advance in, with the eventual goal of making her House there into a major one. Her Mother was on the Merchant's Council in Arad Doman and she would have taken her place had she not come to the Tower, though she was considering founding her own branch of the House in Bandar Eben.

I don't RP her as Domani as often as I used to, though this would I think be normal as she's been in the Tower for like 140 years so it's reasonable that she would have lost some of the Domani woman's affectations and mannerisms. Moreover as a Green the Borderlands are more fitting to her goals. Here's a link to her bio.

http://www.mirrorsmud.com/forums/viewto ... f=16&t=178

As for family, she has a twin sister who came with her to the Tower and is a Brown (Adaina though she's inactive for a long while) but the rest of her immediate family would have died a long time ago. Even grandchildren would be gone by now.

Anyway, I'm doing what you said in clan 214 for Kandor and I am in House d'Caradarei or House Caradarei (294) in the clan listing as a Kinsman I think. I applaud your efforts to get people more into that stuff. I think it's great.