Travel around illian/blight/east of cairhein

Post here if you encounter a bug within the MUD, or to ask if a feature is intended or not.

Moderator: Niila

Forum rules
Abusing any of the bugs listed (or any bug in general) may result in: Removal of account, temporary/long lasting banning of the person, removal of character, deduction of clan points, removal from a clan, removal of a clan, losing a talent, the loss of equipment or any other perk that may have been received due to intentional abusement of a bug.

Failure to report from a bug may also result in one of the before mentioned actions.
Dezadryk

Travel around illian/blight/east of cairhein

Post by Dezadryk »

This has been known for a while, but there is some funky code with those zones and travelling OUT of them. you can travel INTO them, but you cannot travel out.
Niila
Site Admin

Re: Travel around illian/blight/east of cairhein

Post by Niila »

Hi!

First of all, thank you for reporting this issue. It has quite a lot to do with how the code for Travel is written, meaning it takes the original author of the code to actually make sense of it.

However, I've spent three weeks in the past trying to make Travel even obey the !travel flag, which forbids travelling in or out of the room flagged as such. Now, I will try to fix even the last 'bugs' related to Travel whenever I'll have the extra time, you can be certain of it. It's just the timeframe in which such will be accomplished that'll differ. :)

If you're able to come up with reasoning why it happens with certain rooms, a theory so to say, I'm more than willing to listen to it. It might help cracking the case.

With best regards,
Niila
Dezadryk

Re: Travel around illian/blight/east of cairhein

Post by Dezadryk »

The only commonality I see between the 3 zones it that they were all "later developments" meaning when travel was first being put in the game, these zones were not operational. I'm not sure if it helps any, but just throwing it out there.