Competition

For discussions of all things game related.

Moderator: Builders

Ganelon

Competition

Post by Ganelon »

It was suggested by Hgarthez that we run a competition to create a new SMOB.

Outline your ideas, what you'd like to see with it, and after a few weeks time, we'll have a vote and see which one seems to have the most favor.
"How the fades must gnash their teeth......."

Demandred of the Forsaken.
Balyn Mantear

Re: Competition

Post by Balyn Mantear »

You can expect the winning entry in your mail shortly.
Hgarthez
Dhai'mon

Post by Hgarthez »

The Tainted Nym

Not so much of inventing a new smob, but changing a existing one. My suggestion is to change the Tainted Nym into a four-room fight 2x2 of Blight rooms. Like right now, upon entering you'd get attacked by the Nym and the door would lock until the Nym is dead. Then you'd need to battle him in the two by two area, with each room having a few trees that attack you in them. Nym would be tracking you in the area, coming after you. Moving about the area would give the players an oppoturnity to rest and vary tactics in determining how to best keep the Nym occupied while others are doing something else. While Nym is alive, the trees would respawn after 5 minutes(or maybe 10, if they're not pansy enough) as to not make it too easy to simply kill of the trees and be done additional mobs for the rest of the fight. Upon the death of Nym, the trees could wither and die away and not spawn again.

I'd recommend to have these trees which are there to be relatively easy to kill, so that they're a nuisance and not the actual challenge. The real challenge would be to manage fighting the Nym for a prolonged period of time in a enviroment that's clearly quite hostile, managing your resources (moves, hps) in a way that best benefits you and your team. They'd simply be a 'hinderance' and make you think about how to fight with your group (some people clearing out the trees while others keep Nym busy, so you've got a possibility of regenerating and then altering the groups when the other one is low).

The reason for the rooms to be Blight instead of normal forest would be to be so you actually lose more moves there. As he's "tainted" I assume RPishly too that he'd create Blight (or something similiar) around him. I'd also say that the rooms should be nohide, so you can't use the tactic of 'hiding to regenerate' which is quite efficient in most smobs. (Damn, you're in his domain! Of course he knows you're there!). Alternatively, give him the ability to see invisible people (if such exists) so hide may be utilized against the trees (and allow stealthy characters to have a forte against them) but not the Tainted Nym himself.
zarrin

Post by zarrin »

I love this idea so much. The competition ,I mean. Keep them coming!
Mydor

Post by Mydor »

The Mad Aielman

An Aiel(male) channeler, the last duty to go to the Blight and die off killing as many shadowspawn as possible. There's no greater honor than to die screaming and kicking, killing everything about you in the name of Greatness. Maybe he found a couple of friends who wanted to go down with him in the name of friendship, as well.. and to stop him from escaping his duty.

This guy would spawn on a random location in the Blight Maze, killing both wetlander mobs and Shadowspawn as he would go about with his friends. A strong channeler, wielding two spears that would alternate his fighting style from channeling to spears, depending on his current condition. At low health, he'd make a Gateway to the Threefold land that stays open until a reboot if his followers would have been killed. So anyone trying to kill him would have to go and slay him there and loot his precious stuff! And give a access way to somewhere where the Blighted Maze doesn't right now. Both ways entry, of course.

As an interesting thing for darkies, his spears could be turned in at a mob like wetlanders have Tel for a trolloc spear. For for wetlanders, to turn into a wetlander spear! And for Aiel.. well, Aiel could already use his spears anyway.