Coriea Sandural

For in character logs and discussion.

Moderator: Builders

Coriea
Child of the Light

Coriea Sandural

Post by Coriea »

My name is Coriea Sandural. I was born in Maseen, in the country of Arad Doman, the eldest daughter destined to take over for my merchant mother someday. My path to joining the Queen’s Guard was not a short one. In my youth I was a model Domani daughter, I learned my lessons as my mother set them out for me quickly and well. In my mid-teens my rebellious side showed itself when I picked up a slender blade and started to learn how to use it. This did not please my mother, but as she could see its uses while leading the caravan between cities, she did nothing to halt my learning the sword.

In my late teens I fell in love with the Captain of my mother’s guard. My mother was extremely displeased with this turn of events, but she endeavored to allow events to work themselves out. As it happened, things quite possibly worked out better than she could have hoped for. Her wisdom was in knowing the men who served her. The Captain was loyal only to those who paid him for his loyalty, and he was far from loyal to me. Quite the opposite actually. It was a painful lesson I learned from him, but an important one.

After this experience, I wandered a bit. Mother gave me a caravan to move about Arad Doman and its neighboring countries trading for a few years, but I found this incredibly tedious as it left me too much time to think about my past misfortune. After a few years I was looking for anywhere else to be. On the roads one day with the caravan, I met a young man named Tamak in the drinking room of an inn. He was on his way to Caemlyn with the intention of joining the Queen’s Guard. I had never thought of such an option! Upon returning home I spoke with my mother and though she was initially against it, fearing I would never return home, she finally agreed there was a lot I would be able to learn in the Queen’s Guard.

I find it refreshing to know I will have to earn a place here, not just be born to it. I look forward to serving the Queen as I am sure there is much I can learn from Her Grace’s leadership. Andor is one of the most powerful countries in the land, and a nation is only as powerful as its leader. I work every day to improve my skills so should the time come, I will be able to fiercely protect the life of the Queen, the royal family and Andor itself.

(I need to update this to include the new turn my life has taken, I'll try to do so soon.)
Squadman Coriea Sandural, The White Rose
Child of the Light