Dying to AOE weave cancels weave

Post here if you encounter a bug within the MUD, or to ask if a feature is intended or not.

Moderator: Niila

Forum rules
Abusing any of the bugs listed (or any bug in general) may result in: Removal of account, temporary/long lasting banning of the person, removal of character, deduction of clan points, removal from a clan, removal of a clan, losing a talent, the loss of equipment or any other perk that may have been received due to intentional abusement of a bug.

Failure to report from a bug may also result in one of the before mentioned actions.
Dezadryk

Dying to AOE weave cancels weave

Post by Dezadryk »

I put this in the bug area because it really takes away from the weave if it occurs.

Scenario, i'm fighting 3 things, they are all low hp, I use a high level weave like earthquake and it normally damages all 3 of them, but because it killed the first low hp guy, it stops right there and does not damage the other two, even though it's an AOE weave.

I will happily show you in person if you'd like to see, but that is a huge SP sink when you take the time/SP to do a high level AOE weave and it gets tanked because it killed 1 of the guys. The absolute worst (and this just may be me) but when i'm fighting a patrol, and a damned cat walks in and takes the hit, dying, and completely negates the AOE weave for the patrol. It quite literally took the bullet for that entire team, it makes me cry everytime.

Thanks for all you do!
Niila
Site Admin

Re: Dying to AOE weave cancels weave

Post by Niila »

This is currently by design, to stop killing infinite amount of things with the same weaving. If there's enough request to have it changed (it's supposed to protect against things like Ward Entry not killing an entire army in one go), we can look at it from a different angle (and rework some other mechanics in the process).
Aisle

Post by Aisle »

Kinda curious how this ended up? I'm guessing it's still the way it originally was?
Niila
Site Admin

Post by Niila »

I've given this topic some thought, and after a long-winded reflection about the topic, I've made it so that AoE weaves shouldn't stop anymore when they kill something. We'll keep this under surveillance as to how it works, and if it seems game-breaking, we'll make some tweaks to one way or the other (maybe even going as far as making the AoE take more energy to weave the more target it hits, but then again that's got its own slew of problems..).

In the meanwhile, enjoy the world wrecking destruction you can now bring forth.