Combat time too slow

For discussions of all things game related.

Moderator: Builders

Sargon

Combat time too slow

Post by Sargon »

I usually don't have too much to say but this is something that I felt I had to express and more than that, I want to hear everyone else's thoughts on it as well.

Perhaps it is just because it was all I ever knew and had grown totally used to it but the speed which combat was at was okay by me. I admit it was fast, but that wasn't a bad thing. But since it has been slowed so much, in a way, it has affected other issues that relate to combat and time. Things like zone repop times, how fast tracking mobs move, even regen time, are all related in a way to combat time. I had a feeling for each of these things and now with combat time slowed it has 'thrown off my groove' so to speak.

One example. As clan master there is a task I like to assign Warder Students, it is a solo task and meant to be challenging. Repop time figured into the challenge of said task. Now with combat slowed this task (for most) just went from challenging but not impossible to incredibly hard and nigh impossible due to the now for certain repop or two.

Anyway, this is all just my opinion. Though I never once heard anyone complain that combat was too fast there must have been some who felt that it was or the change wouldn't have happened. Now that it has been changed, I have heard plenty of complaints against it being too slow.

So, this is where I want to see everyone else's thoughts, especially from those who wanted it slowed and have now had a chance to try it out. If it really was changed by "popular demand" and the majority of people want to keep it the way it is then I'll suck it up, deal with it , adjust accordingly, and move on. I wouldn't mind it going back to how it was or at least sped back up a bit, but I will also go with whatever everyone else thinks.

Thanks.
Tiglath
Builder

Re: Combat time too slow

Post by Tiglath »

Actually several imms were just discussing this very topic and a we will be testing a variety of changes to combat timing. We would like to hear everyone's thoughts on each change.
-Tig
Aruon

Re: Combat time too slow

Post by Aruon »

After the slow down, I am seeing bashes go off like never before. I've been triple bashed literally as soon as I stand up, which isn't the worst thing because bash doesn't crash your defense but it does hurt to see it.