Weaves and weaving

For discussions of all things game related.

Moderator: Builders

Arleve
Green Ajah

Re: Weaves and weaving

Post by Arleve »

I didn't realize you were so low. I felt bad about that. But you were in TV and standing alone so I figured..bleh.

Well, I didn't bother Szean when he came back for your stuff and didn't chase.

Not my proudest moment. Sorry. :(
Darak
Ko'bal

Post by Darak »

Was more commenting on how that weave works, I figured you didn't realize that we'd gotten our butts kicked by the raid mobs Belgar had set on us and I was so low.
Arleve
Green Ajah

Post by Arleve »

Hmm. I think you're probably right in the case of that weave. You were low enough that other weaves would have killed you as quickly in this circumstance. But I doubt "pelt" will stay the way it is.
Maxim
Site Admin

Post by Maxim »

Well... we've thought several times of altering the way weaves work so that the damage per second, damage per mana, mana per second etc are all scaled better from lowest weaves up to the highest. Right now it's almost pointless for anyone to use the big weaves cause while they do the most damage per weave, they do the least damage per mana and because of that quite possibly do the least damage per second as well (it's impossible to weave 5 of the top weave if you run out of mana after 3).

It's all a lot of math to take into account when we try to balance this and other aspects of combat... I'm thinking when we get the draft of what we want done, I'll post it and ask for commentary. Downside is that it'll also have to take into account fades, because most of the imms are assuming fades will be the counter to Aes Sedai/Warders, and not trollocs. On second thought... it might just have to take into account every race we've got plans for.

Coming soon I promise.