Builders

For announcements from the Immortals.

Moderator: Builders

Ganelon

Builders

Post by Ganelon »

As you've no doubt well-noticed over the last half a year or so, a wonderful job has been done (and is continuing to be done) in fixing things and adding things to the MUD via code through Niila's talents.

Before reading any further, keep a thing or two in mind. MUD's, tend these days to attract only die-hard mudders from other MUDs, or fans of the particular underlying world a MUD is based on.

Graphical games have to a large degree removed the younger gaming base MUD's have relied on in the past to replenish their numbers as people (both immortals and players) left. This means as veterans have left, there are few amongst the next generation that fill the gap - or often even know of the existence of MUD gaming as it's not a form that deals in much advertisement (and usually cant due to various legal reasons).

In order to be able to keep the game progressing forwards in light of these difficulties, all MUDS have to continue to both: a) retain their older members and b) rely on word of mouth to attract new ones. To accomplish this, the MUD has to continue to expand and offer something new.

To this end, we're going to open up how we usually handle taking on builders. Anyone amongst the player base who wants to try their hand at this will be considered unless they have a record for being hard to get along with/pile of previous infractions for various things. This goes for players present, and those who lost interest some time back while waiting for xxx to be added to the game. If you know of builders from other MUDs who might be interested, willing to give them a shot as long as they can learn how mirrors works while they're doing so.

No previous knowledge of building is required - I'll teach you anything you need to know.

All expressions of interest to be directed to me or Niila for further details.
"How the fades must gnash their teeth......."

Demandred of the Forsaken.
Ganelon

Re: Builders

Post by Ganelon »

With so many new players since this was first posted, just adding a new post to draw attention to it again.

Contact either Niila or myself if interested.
"How the fades must gnash their teeth......."

Demandred of the Forsaken.