The Creation of Channeler

For announcements from the Immortals.

Moderator: Builders

Niila
Site Admin

The Creation of Channeler

Post by Niila »

Alright, we've discussed this topic in the past quite a few times and we have disclosed it that people should be able to make channeler characters.. but the method on what kind, or how, has always been left open. Now, I have thought about the issue for several weeks now, and I have concluded that it would be too time consuming to code it as it is, as I could direct that energy to something else. So in other words, I had to come up with an alternative method.

So what is this method I came up with? Well, here's the gist of if:
- You get to pick your own elements.
- There will be 'points', which limit how much elements you can take.
- These 'points' will be equal to everyone who does their character this way.
- You will start as a initiate of the White Tower.

Now those being said, even despite starting out as an initiate of the White Tower, you may 'depart' from the White Tower through the traditional means (either very well planned escape ICly, or refusing Arches 3 times in row). And yes, this does mean that you'll have to be of the sex female to be able to be a channeler. MCs will still be rollable only through creation randomness.

So how do you go about making an channeler this way:

1) Have a bio of the character you'll be making, with fairly lengthy detail about their lives and moments of interest. This will also fulfil your requirement of Arches Bio at the same time, when the time comes. (Every novice must a bio anyway, so Arches may be done)

2) Your character must be still rather new and fresh. This means, your maximal level may only be 15. And age must be lower than 20. No faction warrants of reputable entities.

You only get this offer once a account, for the time being.

So what about people who are currently channelers? Well, if you currently have a channeler, you may be 'brought up' to the be on the same element level as the channelers created through this mean. So you'll be getting a boost. You can, of course, refuse the offer, too. That'll be all up to yourself. Future channelers will be random rolled, and if any are made before this day that the annoucement was made, they'll be ineglible (as they could have picked up this offer).

So HOW powerful exactly are channelers made in this fashion?

Moderate was made as the suggestion based on searching what the avarage of all the current channelers in the MUD are. You will have 280 points to distribute amongst your elements. Each element that you take over 60, 10 will be reduced from the points. When you go above 75, another 10. Below is an example of a person making an channeler.

74 points to Air, costing a total of 74 + 10 points, resulting in 84. They'll have 196 left to spend. Next, they take 1 point in fire, resulting in 195 being left. Then, they take 15 in earth, resulting them to have 180 points left to spend.

With 180 points left, they decide to take 92 in Spirit. That'll cost them 92 + 20, meaning a total of 112. They'll now have 68 points left. They decide to put the rest to Water, making it be at 59, leaving them still with 9 points to spend.. They'll put that into the highest element they had, bringing it up to 100, and leaving them 1 point to spend, which they insert into fire.

Their elements would be 74 Air, 15 Earth, 2 Fire, 100 Spirit, 59 water. Total element of 74+15+2+100+59 = 250.

As you can see, by taking lower element totals, you could reach higher in total elements.. but less strong in other elements. Everyone gest to choose what they want to be like in this.

I hear the question already, but Niila, how do we know how much we want to put into elements, since we don't know what weaves we will get? True. I'll write a guide about what kind of elements you'll want to pick to get access to stuff like healing at a bit later point.

Oh, and this is still under works. Expect changes to occur if needed. But for now, let's be glad that this system will finally see daylight.

Yours,
Niila
Niila
Site Admin

Re: The Creation of Channeler

Post by Niila »

How can I use this chance given to me?

Look at the requirements on the post above. Write the bio (extensive.. I don't demand pages. I just want to see your characters past, why they'd act in a certain way, and similiar.. your characters past what defines them.) and contact me (Niila) through a PM on the forum, requesting "Creation of a Channeler" in it, and I shall contact you at some point for a talk.

What elements should I pick?

What do you want your character to be like? Capable in healing, perhaps? Someone who wants to join the Green Ajah, to do battle?

What elements you pick dictates what kind of weaves you may learn. We go by the books on what kind of channeling power you need to weave certain things, so they're a good reference guide if you're wondering. Regardless, I'll give information out about what you'll need.

First, we need a scale to use:

Slight means from 1-10 in element.
Low means 11-25.
Decent means 26-40.
High means 41-65.
Extremely high is anything above 65.

Let's begin with Healing. To be a proficient healer, that is, to learn majority of the healing based weaves, you will need to have high Air, almost decent Earth, extremely high Spirit, and high Water, nearing extremely high. Add in nearly decent fire, if the Five Element Style of healing becomes dominant.

What about someone who might want to eventually aspire for the Green Ajah? Preferences. All of the weaves have 'almost' same kind of equilevants in all of the five Elements, but the preferred ones for women would certainly be Air and Water, as they make a fairly strong combination, while Fire and Spirit are slightly behind. But in the case of wanting to 'deal damage', there are two kind of offensive weaves: Area, and single-target.

Area weaves tend to require more than just one element, while single-target weaves are nearly always one-element only. Nearly all of the elements have atleast 'one' area weave which uses the elements you pick, so the choice is yours, in the end.

Weaves that affect states (such as blind, poison..etc) are always multielemental. So if those are something that you want to have, then having an decent amount in elements would be what you should be looking for.

If you still have questions to be asked, I can be PMmed and I'll try to answer the questions. I can't promise I will answer all the questions, but I will try my best to answer the questions that do not border handing how code works, or similiar..

Yours,
Niila