Resting on Blanket while swimming?

Post here if you encounter a bug within the MUD, or to ask if a feature is intended or not.

Moderator: Niila

Forum rules
Abusing any of the bugs listed (or any bug in general) may result in: Removal of account, temporary/long lasting banning of the person, removal of character, deduction of clan points, removal from a clan, removal of a clan, losing a talent, the loss of equipment or any other perk that may have been received due to intentional abusement of a bug.

Failure to report from a bug may also result in one of the before mentioned actions.
Nibiru

Resting on Blanket while swimming?

Post by Nibiru »

Sylvae pointed out that it is possible to sit on a blanket and recover moves lost swimming, while still in the water. Not sure if this was intended but logically a blanket would sink to the bottom
Ganelon

Re: Resting on Blanket while swimming?

Post by Ganelon »

Seriously, we should just nuke these things.
"How the fades must gnash their teeth......."

Demandred of the Forsaken.
sylvae

Post by sylvae »

The blankets were secondary to the fact that you can still rest no matter what, on or off a blanket. I can probably bring a chair and rest on it in a water room. Actually, I think I can hide in a swim room.

Without the script you can still sit on a blanket and rest. :) So whether or not the regen script exists is not the point. Sitting and resting on anything but watercraft in water rooms might be an oversight?

Like Niburu said, they'd sink to the bottom or something. It would suck to lose your stuff if you -die- in a water room, though. Things to think about.
sylvae

Post by sylvae »

Maybe like.. there can be some mechanism by which, if you RIP in a swim room, your stuff washes up on random shores nearby?
Ganelon

Post by Ganelon »

Blankets are a bit of a bit peeve of Niila's and myself.

As to the rest of it - at this point adding more 'realism' to water rooms is just beyond the scope of amount of workers to work on it unfortunately.

Maxim and Niila are totally tied up code wise, and everyone else has building priorities.

Water rooms for the time being are pretty much just terrain markers - they used to be to block off areas (unless you had a canoe - something which the Swim skill has made redundant), and as a measure of moves loss on the moves vs. sector chart.

As written on a post elsewhere (What's New? General Announcements? Somewhere.....). Current code for Swim/Water rooms will be added to, but atm, it's a matter of priorities.
"How the fades must gnash their teeth......."

Demandred of the Forsaken.