Mesdoram Vaisiar

For in character logs and discussion.

Moderator: Builders

Mesdoram

Mesdoram Vaisiar

Post by Mesdoram »

Mesdoram: "Father, what should I do while you're not with us? How will I ever entertain myself when I get bored with brother?"

Father: "Start a journal son, some of the best reads come from first-hand experiences. Who knows, perhaps one day someone will read yours when your time has long past."

Mesdoram: "Excellent idea, father."

Entry 1

Today father went off on one of his adventures. He never tells us where he's going, he says it "ruins the story" for when he gets back. Alas, I cannot stay mad at him as he took us under his wing when mother would not. Besides that, his stories do tend to be quite good. I suppose I will just have to wait patiently for his return. Varkel is doing well enough, he does not understand why mother left us, but he has his moments where he shows me acts of kindness expected of a twin brother. Hopefully our family can put this whole mess behind us.

Entry 2

Father returned today, it only took him sixty-three days this time and he doesn't look so bad. He's got a few new scars, but what's more impressive is his new armor. It has a foreign look to it, but it's as light as leather with little silver plates patched in for added reinforcement. It definitely looks odd, but he came back with his head held high and a beaming smile. Varkel was pleased to see father return, it is good to see him in such high spirits. He has a hard time enough as is with his flaming red hair and green eyes, I often forget how difficult it can be to be different. If there's one thing I'm grateful for from mother, it is that I blend in with everyone else around these parts.

Entry 3

I had forgotten about this journal! It has been some time since I've last written, but dad left again, he said this time it may be for much longer. Varkel isn't upset at all this time, which I don't understand. He gave dad a hug and he just went back to his room. He's in there a lot lately. I've just continued studying my swordwork, perhaps one day I'll adventure like dad does.

Entry 4

A week or so ago, a raven came to us with an adventure of our own. Dad always did like to keep us on our feet. Varkel and I traveled to Tar Valon. If you haven't been there, you're in a for a treat as it is a truly magnificent place. We were sent to a weaponsmith there named Raldon a'Keele. Apparently he's quite well known. When we arrived, he produced two thin silver swords with tiny gemstones in the grip, and the word "Vaisiar" etched into the blade. A truly remarkable blade as far as I can tell, and custom made for our family. I will treasure this blade always.

Entry 5

Dad still hasn't returned. It has been one-hundred and twelve days since he departed and fourty-seven days since the last raven. I am beginning to worry. A bit of good news however, Varkel was accepted into some sort of academy out east. I've never heard of it, and neither has anyone else I've asked about it, but he seems excited, and so I'm happy for him. He says he doesn't want to leave until dad returns. I take solace in that much at least. Varkel has been somewhat distant as of late, only really meeting with me for swordplay. This accomplishment of Varkel's is making me think of my current situation. Perhaps it is time for me to see what's available.

Entry 6

Today is a good day. I just found out that I have been accepted into the prestigious warder student academy of Tar Valon. Dad always said blademasters were some of the most fearsome opponents out there, perhaps soon I will truly know what he meant by that. Unfortunately, he has yet to return still, and Varkel is running out of time, apparently. If dad does not return soon, Varkel will be forced to leave for his academy without saying goodbye. I hope I do not have to do the same.

Entry 7

Varkel is gone. He is my dear twin brother, and he will be missed. It is strange being at home all alone, and even though he said he will return in between his teachings when he can, I could not help but feel like that may be the last time that I see him. I think I'm just being negative. In brighter news, I leave for Tar Valon in just four weeks, so I need not get too comfortable here. I've spoke with the mayor of Herdan's Bridge, Mayor Davinred, and for a small fee, they will watch over the house while we are all away. I miss you dad, and I wish you would return before I leave. I like to think you'd be proud of me.

Entry 8

My time is up. I have yet to hear anything from dad or Varkel these past couple weeks, and I must take leave for the ivory towers. I think this may be the last entry for quite some time.

Entry 9

Something strange happened to me today while sparring with another student. My eyes have started changing color. The dark orbs that I have been so accustomed too all these years have given way to little flakes of gold in them. The other students find it strange, as the gold stands out in stark contrast against the darkness in my eyes. What does it mean?

Entry 10

A raven arrived today. Father is dead. I have a sadness in me that I cannot explain in words. The letter had no elaboration, or reason of death. I cannot fathom why someone would bother to notify me of this without more details. I slipped the ravenmaster some coin to share any information on where that bird may have flown from. He seemed competent at his job, but his information was only somewhat helpful. Apparently its place of origin is in the Braem woods somewhere. What a waste of good coin. Nevertheless, I have a place to start.

Entry 11

This is amazing. I am currently on the road just north of Cryden's Field and it's as dark as night out here, yet somehow, everything seems lighter than it once did. I can't quite explain it, but I have a feeling I won't be finding any sleep this night. I suppose I can practice my swordplay. Gaidin Sargon would be disappointed if I returned from leave without some kind of improvement to show for it.

Entry 12

My eyes have completely changed now. They are a dull gold in color, and as I walked through Cryden's Field yesterday, I have never felt so uncomfortable. Everyone just stared at me, some went running into their homes when they made eye contact, it was very odd. Normally I would stick to the roads, but perhaps taking a path into the Braem early may be a bit wiser, I sense a danger looming.

Entry 13

The Braem is a wild place. It took some time to find it, but I think I may have found the place I'm looking for. I followed some tracks to a guarded grove deep in the Braem. There are a lot of places like this in these woods, but my suspicions were confirmed when I caught scent of a lit fire pit high among the trees of this grove. I have been fortunate in what has been happening to me, first the eyes and now my nose. I wonder if it is all related. I plan to confront them on the morrow, and we will see what they have to say.

Entry 14

The Sei'avende is what they call themselves. A group of adventurers, and more importantly, they were great friends of my father's. They are not as taken aback as others are from my eyes, but that is not why I'm here. Cira Mendethar told me how my father died, on an adventure to some fortress in the Misty Mountains. He couldn't tell me any more than that. A handful of men returned to tell the tale, and with them, my father's old armor. "A gift for an old friend's kin," is what Cira told me. He wanted the armor to remain in the family, so now I have it. As it is the last piece of my father, I will treasure it for the rest of my life. I'll have to send a raven to Varkel for some closure. I hope he is doing well. The Sei'avende were kind enough to let me rest and resupply here, and even return when I feel the need, so I will leave soon back to Tar Valon. Surely someone can help me get a hold of my dear brother.

Entry 15

I had a strange dream last night. I was like a wolf, running on all fours, breathing heavily in the night, and running toward a darkness. The darkness cleared and there was only two bright green lights, and then I awoke. It felt very real.

Entry 16

I cannot shake the feeling that something bad is about to happen. I smell a familiar scent in the air as I move closer to home; to Herdan's Bridge. I will return home to make sure everything is okay, and to leave Varkel a note in case he returns. I can no longer stick to the roads, people constantly eye me with suspicion. It must be the eyes. Let them stare, I can smell their fear.

Entry 17

(The writing in this entry is noticeably different from the other entries. The penmanship is almost illiterate and the words seem to be all over the place.)

he is damned tainted
I am damned.feared
glowing green burnished gold
we are twisted
we are lost