Riley's Background Story and Journal

For in character logs and discussion.

Moderator: Builders

Riley

Re: Riley's Background Story and Journal

Post by Riley »

Day 28:

My eyes are burning from lack of sleep. I don't want to sleep, when you sleep bad things happen.

How can I get rid of my fear? She can look like anyone... What am I going to do when someone comes to my door? Surely, someone will come looking for me eventually.

I've been creating her image over and over again. Seems so to real. It doesn't seem to help me get over my fear I even sweat from just her image. And huddle in the corner (rest of the entry is too illegible to read)
Riley Talvathar
Accepted of the White Tower
Riley

Post by Riley »

Day 29 -31:

The previous two nights I kept barricading myself in my room at night. Just the thought of Blossom coming back into the tower makes my stomach turn. Though I'm starting to get more comfortable that she will not return to the tower. But, last night I started to feel a little more at ease and started to leave the door unobstructed.

Gaidin Sargon even talked to me previous to this entry to ease my mind. My mind is in turmoil. Finding out novices were taken away from the tower. Kind of infuriates me that the Aes Sedai didn't take me seriously when I reported it to them. This wouldn't of happened if only they believed me, sooner. So now I have to live with the guilt of these missing novices.
Riley Talvathar
Riley

Post by Riley »

Day 32:

I just didn't feel like walking the entire way up to the Novice Practice Hall. But, I was determined to learn my weaves, so what else to do? I stayed in my room and practiced. Feel people channel all over the tower, I doubt that someone would have walked into my room and sent me to Merean Sedai's office.

Seriously what is she going to do? Make me wash more dishes? That's almost a joke. Daddy's leather strap is more feared than doing mere dishes... The days of misbehaving so much that I had to sleep on my stomach, and not be able to sit down for a week or longer. Makes someone learn quicker than doing dishes... especially when I was forbidden by daddy to go to the Two Rivers wisdom for healing. Those were the days, but if the tower wants to punish me by doing more work suit themselves... it's easy to feign disgust at having to do menial labor... Not like I've had to work all my life with my hands, and helping daddy with the tannery.
Riley Talvathar
Riley

Post by Riley »

Day 33:

Was a nice and enjoyable day, I managed to get in some riding. More i keep at it the better I will be.

Perhaps Merean Sedai isn't as weak as I have thought with punishments since she told me that she called another Novice to her office, I was assuming it was me, but the poor girl probably won't be able to sit for a week.

I know I've been lucky thus far with no one finding my journal to turn it in, and only the one Accepted has had it in her hands reading some of it. I probably should just one of these days incinerate it, and start a new diary, before this one falls into the wrong hands, and is shown to Merean Sedai.
Riley Talvathar
Riley

Post by Riley »

Day 34 - 37:

Been quite boring days for me... Just doing my chores and than in my free time going out to ride. I've missed the fresh air, so it is kind of relaxing to just get out of the tower for a while.
Riley Talvathar
Riley

Post by Riley »

Day 38 - 44:

Trying to be the model Novice has been keeping me away from my journal. Between chores, classes and trying to learn these new weaves. Is starting to wear me out mentally. So many different weaves that I need to remember, this one takes that element that one something else, in different amounts. Soon as I get through these classes and weaves, I can at least relax a bit more. I feel like I need to keep busy, this past week has almost been like Blossom who? She's pretty much been pushed to the back of my mind. But, I know I can become a better person. Fear is a weakness, fearing death is an even greater weakness. Eats at the heart of your soul, and changes you. This journal is almost like black tar, which will be nice to just see go up in flames. I'm not proud of what I was like when I came to the tower. But, people can change for the better, if they truly want to change themselves. Setting that goal for myself awhile back for 2 weeks, isn't long enough. It is something I should strive for.
Riley Talvathar
Riley

Post by Riley »

Day 45 - 54:

Been awhile not having time to write in my journal. Novice life rears its head with keeping me busy. It's nice to have a lull once in awhile. During this time I finally passed all my Senior Novice classes. I still have to complete all of my Elder Novice classes though. I do hope I can get into these classes soon enough, so I can continue learning and bettering myself.
Riley Talvathar
Riley

Post by Riley »

Day 55-67:

Anticipation, pretty much sums up what I'm feeling right now. This will be my last journal entry, almost such a shame to waste good paper. Alas, if these past journal entries would come back to haunt me, I wouldn't want to have to try to explain myself to Merean Sedai.

And who says you can't use the One Power to do chores. Sure beats having to start a fire by hand. Tomorrow while practicing my weaves, I'll enjoy watching my journal burn away to ashes. After, I become an Accepted I will have to see about getting myself a new journal. Something that I can start anew. Only one close call, for my personal thoughts to have been read by the MoN, I will definately have to be more careful in the future.

Alas, dear journal you have served me well this past year and months. You will forever be remembered in my heart, and may your ashes forever hold my secrets.

R. I. P. my journal.
Riley Talvathar
Riley

Post by Riley »

Riley woke up in the morning after writing her last journal entry. After she got ready for the day, making sure her skirts didn't have wrinkles she opened up her wardrobe. Her notebook journal was still sitting where she left it the night before. Taking it out she slid it into her backpack.

She went to Mistress of Novices office to get her chores for the day, she only showed a faint hint of joy in her eyes when Merean Sedai told her she would be cleaning the fireplaces. She quickly curtseyed after being told her chores and left her presence.

Quickly making her way through the tower to the Novice Training Hall. Today she decided to go to another area in the training hall to train. She opened the door, and closed it silently behind her. Took the notebook journal out of her backpack and shoving it into the straw trolloc creature. She stepped back a few paces and cleared her mind so that she would be able to embrace Saidar. She wove the threads of fire into the straw creature, until eventually the notebook caught on fire. After, watching the notebook turn into ashes, and fall to the floor. She swept up the ashes and went off to do her chores for the day.
Riley Talvathar
Riley

Post by Riley »

***WARNING OOC NOTICE: Anything found in this diary you can not use against Riley. If you choose to read it, by all means do so. But, in the spirit of role-play your in character player can not gain knowledge to the contents of what is contained within this journal, unless you physically find Riley's room within the White Tower, there is no physical object of a journal in her room so you will have to pretend. Everything before this post has been destroyed.***

Day 166 - 208:

I can't believe I'm actually an Accepted now. I'd really love to be able to record what happened, but alas I'll just have to rely on memory.

Last night had a class with Krinata Sedai, I actually showed up early for it. Class didn't turn out so well for me, think it got under my skin a bit. I ended up having to take a trip straight to Merean Sedai's office immediately after class.

I think I'd rather drown in a pond than have Merean Sedai switch me ever again. I had to sleep on my stomach last night, and Tylda Sedai sent me to sweep the fireplaces the next day. Cruelty at its finest. My butt still hurts immensely, but I try to hide the pain.
Riley Talvathar