Smob coin loads

A place to discuss ideas for improving the MUD.

Moderator: Builders

Aruon

Smob coin loads

Post by Aruon »

As is, most smobs load maybe a couple hundred to a few hundred coins with them and all the mobs leading up to them.

This is alright when you solo smob. (even then Kyandra loading 110 coins is boring!)

The smobs are fine, but it's so much more fun to smob with groups so you can hang out, RP, and just all around be friendly. I think upping the coin so that everyone involved get a decent coin in their pocket (since a lot of times the loot isn't needed and just gets chested/left/sold)

I am not biased in that I need tuition, as I know many many ways to get coin easy.

The smobs are not too hard or too easy, their actual gear is okay and proportional to their difficulty. I like smobbing, and I especially like when I have a group to keep me company and we take a few criminal lives.

Can we have their coin loads upped just a little bit, though?
Master Sylibus
Queen's Guard

Re: Smob coin loads

Post by Master Sylibus »

If notations worked properly, this can possibly work. You kill a smob you get a "bounty" notation. You trade that in for coins. A group all gets a bounty notation. They all can trade it in for coins.

One bounty notation could be turned in for example, 20 coins. You kill a badass smob you get a couple of notations thus getting more coin.

Sure, but what about the person soloing? Make some friends! Smobs can be solo'd in less than a minute or two by some and probably more for others. A variable that really can't be factored into in. Either way the solo'er gets all the spoils! Even if most of them are bad. :P
Master Sylibus
Queen's Guard

Post by Master Sylibus »

Now that notations are spread out to all those involved the system of having a "bounty" notation on particular smobs or even regular mobs could be quite interesting. Even the bandit notations could be turned in for coin instead of cp especially for those not in clans that give cp for bandit kills. It could be a pretty interesting concept if done right. Would also add a bit of a sense of adventure I bet.
Aruon

Post by Aruon »

Now that I like. I mean, Arleve refused to let me be poor so I have more coin that I will ever possibly need for myself. But I like what you suggested a lot.