Weaving and Moving

For discussions of all things game related.

Moderator: Builders

Dezadryk

Re: Weaving and Moving

Post by Dezadryk »

Yeah, the change definitely hits full dodge channelers way more than channelers in full plate.

I still stand by the fact that I think it's a good change to balance out channelers as a whole.

For the record, I would be open to discussions about how wearing heavy armor would impede movement of weaving, by adding time extensions to weaving for each piece of armor worn, or something.
Maxim
Site Admin

Re: Weaving and Moving

Post by Maxim »

Well, when we were designing the channeling system, we intentionally made it so that some weaves could be channeled or held while moving. Things such as track or light for example. Obviously that's not what you're talking about, you're talking about the area of effect weaves like earthquake and what have you.

Starting the weave in one room and carrying it into another... when you're not sure that the PC is going to stay put? That's a good way to become exhausted quickly. There's a place for it I suppose.

Doing it on an NPC? I can't see that it would matter to the majority of the mobs in the game, but the super mobs, smobs, bosses, whatever we're calling them? Maybe we should make exits no-channel, so you can't actively carry a weave in progress through the exits?

Maybe we make the in progress weaves cause a skill check when you move from a room?

And I don't think people have exhausted the study of what can be done with an in progress weave when you move from room to room.